Friday, July 6, 2012

A Summer State of Mind

I know the calendar says summer begins later in June, but for us it unofficially kicked off over Cinco de Mayo weekend. The beautiful warm weather and a semi-camping experience served  as the catalyst to get us in a summer state of mind. Our usual source of family fun, the Jensens, once again showed us all the fun to be had around the Corpus area and invited us to a nearby ranch for a little camping getaway. Earlier I referred to our experience as a "semi" one because unlike them and another family who tagged along, we opted not to rough it outdoors with an overnight stay. Call us wimps for not staying to become one with nature, but the hubby and I value our sleep too much to attempt to sleep in a tent with a two year old. Me being pregnant and all, I want to a.) sleep as much as I possibly can now before the baby arrives and b.) no offense to Mother Nature, but I'm already roughing it by carrying this child in the South Texas heat so I didn't really feel too bad about letting Braedan skip out on that part of the experience. And though we left out that minor part of the weekend, we still indulged in all the activities that come along with camping.
We did a little swimming both in a pool and a pond;


we fished;
 
and even took the time to just sit, relax and enjoy nature.
 As I mentioned earlier, it was Cinco de Mayo Weekend so things would not have been complete without a pinata. We do live in South Texas and not having a pinata there is like telling me you will not have a margarita on that particular day, or at least a beer.  

Hope your start to summer has been just as enjoyable as ours.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kindergarten. We came, we saw, we are conquering (or in my case coping)

Well, we did it. We survived the start of kindergarten, we are six weeks in to be exact and moving right along like a well-oiled, sight-word...