Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Wide awake

So here we are at the beginning of July and in just a few days my little lady will be 9 months, and my little guy will turn 4 a few days after. All I keep thinking is How did we get here so quickly and was I somewhat coherent for most of the past 9 months. If you recall from a previous post, I mentioned Kylie had not yet mastered sleeping through the night, but thankfully she's gotten into a groove with it the last few weeks. Our little Missy Poo, as Braedan and I sometimes refer to her, has grooved her way into a lot of things lately. She discovered her brother's toys are way cooler than hers, she knows she could possibly get to a toy which is out of reach if she would just take that final push off her bottom onto her hands and knees, but at the last second she thinks better of it and returns to her seated position to somehow scoot her way to that toy. And just the other day, she noticed something was amiss with her head--a headband mommy had placed up there which she was trying to snatch off. You can imagine my fear and horror when I caught her; fear because I really don't know how much longer she will want to wear bows and headbands once she realizes she can just take them right off and crawl on her merry own way. I know what you must be thinking, of all the milestones she will begin surpassing this is the one that screams "No" in my brain. But it is just another wake up call to the fact that both she and Braedan are growing, and there is nothing I can do about it.



Mr. Cool at all of almost 4 years old.
And our little lady really does live up to this title, always so proper with her hands clasped together when she lounges, when she eats...and even when she sleeps.

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kindergarten. We came, we saw, we are conquering (or in my case coping)

Well, we did it. We survived the start of kindergarten, we are six weeks in to be exact and moving right along like a well-oiled, sight-word...