Monday, September 30, 2013

Saturday Night Fever

My previous post mentions Braedan's enthusiasm for bowling, so much so that we threw him a bowling birthday party. Well a couple of weekends ago we ventured out for a family date night of bowling since he does love it so much, but it wasn't without a lot of begging and pleading. And that was just from mommy and daddy. For the last few months we have attempted to go but one thing the hubby and I have learned about Corpus, besides it being a fun beach town, is that it is a hotbed for bowlers. I know that sounds crazy and like a bit of an exaggeration but the hubby can agree with me because he has been a participant to all of our failed attempts at getting to just one little, lowly bowling lane for the four of us. If there weren't birthday parties taking place, then it was bowling leagues or tournaments getting in the way of my little bowler's dream to get back at the lanes.

But that all changed on just another regular Saturday for us, because when I called at 1 o'clock that day I was told 22 lanes would open up by 5 o'clock so you can bet we were there by no later than 5:05. Braedan had never heard such sweet words from us when we announced we would be bowling that night. And when we walked in, the place of course was hoppin'. I had never seen it so crowded, but after a bit of a wait at the check-in counter we found our way to lane 38 where we could finally live out the dream.

Since it was after 5:00, they turned down the lights for an added bonus.
And I have to share the results of our bowling prowess. Please keep in mind that this was daddy's and my score WITH the bumpers up (and his is the last score posted). He claims the bumpers played a major role in my victory and I'll admit they may or may not have helped on certain frames, but hey they were there so what could I do.

 
But his first game proved to be a warm-up for him because he improved greatly by game two. Thank goodness I didn't marry him for his bowling game.
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Kindergarten. We came, we saw, we are conquering (or in my case coping)

Well, we did it. We survived the start of kindergarten, we are six weeks in to be exact and moving right along like a well-oiled, sight-word...