Thursday, January 9, 2014

Go with what you know

So Tuesday was a big day for me because not only did I update the blog, but I cooked dinner using a leftover frozen meal. Somewhere in between there I got the chance to do a little bit of cleaning and met some friends for lunch. I know you're asking, "Who is this person?" I almost threw in an early morning run, but I decided not to get too crazy. Out out of all those things, the two I'm most proud of are the dinner and my swept and mopped floor. I feel as though maintaining clean floors with kids is always a losing battle so when it happens I bask in my domestic glory for about an hour or two because that's about how long it will last until Braedan, Kylie, or even the hubby, come bounding through and track crumbs or dirt all over it again.

But enough about the floors, because I want to move onto one of the things I love, besides my children, and that is food. I mentioned my feat of using a previous meal to whip up something new, but I can't take all the credit for it. The leftover taco meat I had in the freezer and the addictive yet what did we ever do before it existed, Pintrest, gave me the idea. I know I've only posted a recipe one other time before, a Mexican dish, and sorry for not going outside the box but this one is a Mexican dish also. I made a beef and bean enchilada casserole and you can find the recipe here, http://www.recipegirl.com/2012/10/22/beef-and-bean-enchilada-casserole/.  What I love about this is that it gives you the great taste of an enchilada without all the work of making a real enchilada, and given how overwhelmed I sounded in my previous post you know I need a break anywhere I can get one. The other great thing is that Braeden likes it too (I omitted the green chilies and used a mild enchilada sauce so it's not too spicy). Unfortunately I didn't take a picture of it but I did snap a picture of the rice I made to go with it. 


Anyhow, I thought this might be a good meal idea for some of you. Next time I post one I'll do my best to make sure it's something other than Mexican food. But hey, you can't blame a girl, and a Mexican one at that, for trying and going with what she knows.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kindergarten. We came, we saw, we are conquering (or in my case coping)

Well, we did it. We survived the start of kindergarten, we are six weeks in to be exact and moving right along like a well-oiled, sight-word...