Thursday, January 16, 2014

To wear pants or no pants

Nothing annoys the hubby more than hearing the weather report as the top story in the national news, so this post will push him over the edge since that's the my main point of today's update. It's funny to see how soon he's forgotten the negative effects snow and ice can have when you're trying to travel. I guess you can chalk that up to another way we've become spoiled here. But while he listened to yet another riveting tale of last week's polar vortex, all I kept hearing in my mind was the countless protests Braedan would have at the thought of needing to wear pants, or even worse-- a jacket. When I hear the weather reports for Chicago at this time of year I'm thankful we no longer have to endure a winter that leaves lingering effects into April, and another reason I'm grateful is to not have to force him to bundle up in a big puffy jacket. It's bad enough when I have to break the news that he may have to wear pants or a light jacket, so thank goodness we no longer live in an area with winters that pack a bite. Instead we live in one that can't make up it's mind whether to stay cold or mild. I'll take the crazy seesaw action of a Texas winter, because even though we started off last week with morning temperatures at or near freezing, by the end of the week things were looking up giving Braedan and daddy the chance to break out their fishing gear for the first time this year... in pants, a light jacket and all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kindergarten. We came, we saw, we are conquering (or in my case coping)

Well, we did it. We survived the start of kindergarten, we are six weeks in to be exact and moving right along like a well-oiled, sight-word...