Tuesday, February 4, 2014

What does the cow say?

According to Kylie, not "Moo" but "Mmmm." And when you ask her what goes quack she replies with an energetic, "Duck," which makes me laugh, because her level of enthusiasm for that answer equals what yours or mine would be if we were answering a million dollar question. I guess that is one of the best parts about the stage she's in--the excitement and joy for all the new things no matter how big or small. Right now her biggest thrill is standing up and taking a few steps on her own. The most she has done is about five to eight steps, and those few steps have her smiling so big, giggling pretty hard and panting as if she just jogged five to eight yards instead of walked. Part of me is so ready for her to "step" into this first only because she is getting too heavy for me to carry, but I know the moment she begins walking I'll feel a tiny bit sad. Sad because it's just the beginning of her not being so dependent on mommy anymore.

As it is she is already so opinionated and she's only one. I know you think I might be exaggerating, but the hubby can confirm this as well, only he doesn't so much think of it as being opinionated but rather a tendency to be sassy. For example, at bedtime we read two to three short stories, but she has to give them the ok. Her acceptance and rejection system consists of leaning over the arm of the rocking chair while I hold up a book from the pile sitting nearby and she'll either: 1) sit back on my lap and hold Ele the Elephant (her sleeping pal) close to her to prepare for the story or 2) shake her head no and give it a slight swat away with her arm if it doesn't make the cut. She's just like her daddy in that way cut and dry, to the point and no hesitation with the decision-making. It almost makes me laugh when he calls this stuff sassy, because all I see is him. Like him, she knows what she likes and has no problem letting you know and how can you not give in to a sweet face like this.

Her first ponytail, even if it is a tiny one.

Big girl standing up

She can help with simple tasks and during bath time she loves to splash herself and wash her hair.

Looking for something while on our walk, but she needed two pairs of binoculars in case one didn't work.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kindergarten. We came, we saw, we are conquering (or in my case coping)

Well, we did it. We survived the start of kindergarten, we are six weeks in to be exact and moving right along like a well-oiled, sight-word...