Friday, February 26, 2010

Patience is the Best Medicine

During our first week back from Houston, Braedan unfortunately came down with a stomach virus. (Which is why I took a little time to write about our visit.) This was the first time he had been sick at all, and being the worrier that I am I was in top form. For those of you who are parents and have experienced this with your little ones, you know you hate hearing those dreaded words from the doctor, "Well we really can't prescribe anything for a virus. You just have to let the virus run its course, but call us back if things get worse." It was tough sitting back and waiting but I learned something very important while experiencing this "first" with Braedan: he really is a tough little guy. Albeit his dad always reassures me of this, I can't help the fact that I will constantly have his well-being and health on my mind, along with the universal question for moms, "Am I doing a good enough job for him?" But doctors are right. Sometimes the best medicine is patience, with a little bit of love and some hugs.

Of course Braedan showed the obvious telltale signs of being sick, along with poor sleeping at night, but during the day he did his best to go about things as if it were any other day. On one of his better days, he started to show some progress toward reaching the crawling milestone. He's doing the belly crawl/scoot in the first clip.



And in general, Braedan is a very happy baby. We can get him to laugh pretty easily and I got some of that in this second clip.

1 comment:

  1. so cute! Liam loved watching him too.
    His crawling is so fun to watch...it was like I was cheering him on.

    ReplyDelete

Kindergarten. We came, we saw, we are conquering (or in my case coping)

Well, we did it. We survived the start of kindergarten, we are six weeks in to be exact and moving right along like a well-oiled, sight-word...