Wednesday, January 25, 2012

New Blog Reads

I added a couple of new blogs to "My List" located on the left hand side of your screen. Skinny Runner and Skinny Taste were shared by two different girlfriends and I'm glad they shared these because even though I maintain my own blog I'm not good about finding other new and interesting ones. The first, Skinny Runner, not only provides informative and motivational tips for the runner in you (if that's what you're in to, of course) but she shares stories and ideas about other forms of exercising she embarks on. One thing I recently learned and started doing is to use only one ear bud while listening to music during my run. It's seems so simple, but I never really gave much thought to that prior to reading it on her blog. There's been a couple of news stories recently about missing runners so it's good to keep that in mind especially if you run before sun up. I also just began following her blog so I'm not sure if she has ever shared her faves when it comes to running with music, but by the looks of it she seems like a real gung ho runner. I mean the kind that enjoys and prefers to receive her runner's high by taking in the sights and sounds of her surroundings. Kudos to those of you who can do that, but I think that's for the birds. When I run I want to listen to something that gets me moving, because as many of you know I do enjoy cutting a rug or two. A few friends have asked me about my running play list, and I will share some of my preferred music in a later post. Until that time I encourage you to check out Skinny Runner if you enjoy exercising and seek ideas and inspiration for training.

Skinny Taste is a blog maintained by a completely different author and her main goal is to provide good and healthy food options. She provides recipes for everything from appetizers, breakfast, dinner, sides, even vegetarian options. I mentioned a girlfriend of mine shared this site with me and my other friends, and I am so grateful for the knowledge she shares when it comes to food for two reasons: you all know how dear food is to me so I love the new things she finds, plus the family benefits from it too as it keeps me from getting into a cooking rut.

Several months ago she shared a recipe that could rouse anyone out of their monotonous cooking routine. It not only sounded tasty but its presentation looked so polished, so nice in fact it looked like something ordered from a high-end restaurant, that I just had to try it myself. And the funny thing is, it was actually really easy to make. I made skinny meatloaf cupcakes with mashed potato toppings, and they not only tasted good but were the cutest darn things. You can find Skinny Taste's version here, http://www.skinnytaste.com/2011/08/skinny-meatloaf-cupcakes-with-mashed.html. And this is how my version turned out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kindergarten. We came, we saw, we are conquering (or in my case coping)

Well, we did it. We survived the start of kindergarten, we are six weeks in to be exact and moving right along like a well-oiled, sight-word...