Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Part II

As promised, we continue on with Part II of August and the remainder of our San Antonio trip. While we were in town, we made another visit to Sea World and took advantage of other attractions we haven't seen too much of during our previous stops. We fed the dolphins (which I didn't get a picture of because I had my hands full with lifting him up to the pool to actually see and feed them), caught a show with Elmo and the Sesame Street gang, splashed around in Elmo's Bay of Play and saw a special night time performance of Shamu.

     
Having fun at the water table.
Patiently waiting to see the Sesame Street gang.

Braedan's second cousin Ariel who loves all the characters  and who
actually started crying when we left Cookie Monster.
After all the Sea World fun, we visited with my grandmother and Braedan always does his best to get her movin' and a shakin'. Needless to say this gives her a good laugh, and it's sweet to watch him try and give her a pep in her step. Here he is showering her with his hugs.
And when the end of August finally rolled around, I received another chance to celebrate our baby girl, this time with friends here in Corpus. My friends Allison and Emily quickly put together a shower all before Allison was set to make her big move to San Antonio. They did such a great job with it all, and it was a fun excuse to have a child-free dinner with the gals where we could gab, laugh and, the best part, finish a meal with no interruptions AND before it got cold.

Here I am with the shower hosts. Emily, on the right, was my co-teacher last year.

Since I know my friend Emily doesn't toot her own horn when it comes to her crafting ability, I will do it for her. She made the cute table toppers below and is always coming up with something fun and creative.

As I've frequently mentioned before, there's nothing I enjoy doing more than having a good meal,
especially when I get to do it with friends, and I only wish I could have had a glass of wine to go with it. 
 

So there is August in a not so small nutshell. I told you I needed two posts just to keep you from saying, "When will it end?" In fact, looking back on it now, I wish it didn't have to end so quickly. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kindergarten. We came, we saw, we are conquering (or in my case coping)

Well, we did it. We survived the start of kindergarten, we are six weeks in to be exact and moving right along like a well-oiled, sight-word...