Sunday, September 30, 2012

Too Fast, Too Soon

Since about the last three months of my pregnancy Braedan has shown signs here and there that he is growing way too fast, too soon and it's all taken place in little things he says and does. For example, he sneezed the other day and I wasn't fast enough in telling him, "Bless you," so before he gave me a chance to say it he blurted out, "You forgot to tell me bless you." On a different day he outsmarted the hubby during one of their trips to the mailbox. Braedan loves to ride his bike there and on that particular day, the hubby didn't want to go through the process of opening the garage and getting his bike out so he tried to talk Braedan into just walking there. Braedan took the time to listen to his request but at the end of it he pointed out to daddy that, "But I be faster on my bike." The hubby couldn't argue with that so there he was forced to take out his bike.

Another sign occurred on the first day he began school with the same Mother's Day Out Program he participated in last year. The morning of I wanted to take a picture of him at the house, and he refused to oblige to my repeated requests. Like any preschooler, he has learned to become a lot more independent and let us know what he likes or doesn't like so there I was settling to take my picture while he sat in the car, but thankfully poopy pants was in a happy mood after school and let me get a full length picture of him then.

Before...
 
and after
But the best, and most significant, sign of his growth was never more obvious to me than this past weekend. Last Friday he and I took a trip to Build-a-Bear to pick out a special bear to give to baby sister when she gets here. I thought this to be a perfect gift for her from him, because Braedan has a special bear of his own who he must sleep with every night. On our way to the mall, I was a little worried that once we started the build-a-bear process, he would see the fun and appeal of it all and might begin asking for a bear of his own, but from the moment it started the thought never even crossed his mind. It was so sweet to watch him and he explained to the employee that this bear was for his baby sister. He enjoyed choosing the bear and prepping her for baby sister.
Here he is giving the heart some love before they place it in bear.
 
A little bath time
 
Dressing her
 
Here he is all set to show sister her new bear. I cannot wait for him to meet her, and that definitely cannot come soon enough.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Kindergarten. We came, we saw, we are conquering (or in my case coping)

Well, we did it. We survived the start of kindergarten, we are six weeks in to be exact and moving right along like a well-oiled, sight-word...